08:30 - 10:00
Registration in the Lobby Area
- Welcome Coffee & Tea (You can order Breakfast in the restaurant from 07:00)
Hotel NH Collection Berlin Mitte at Checkpoint Charlie, Leipziger Strasse 106-111, 10117 Berlin
10:00 - 10:05
Welcome and Introductory Remarks
- Dr. Michiel Kolman, Senior Vice President, Elsevier, Amsterdam & Presidential Envoy Diversity & Inclusion, International Publishers Association - IPA
10:05 - 11:15
Understanding and Accelerating Change
- Marie-Louise Kok, Digital Learning Expert, Leyden Academy for Vitality and Ageing, a scientific knowledge institute
What's new in the Learning landscape? Get an overview of the biggest trends in the Learning industry. And get inspired for the continuous learning path for yourself, your organization and your audiences.
With over 20 years of experience in (scientific) publishing, business
development, marketing and media, at companies such as TMG, Sdu and Sanoma, Marie-Louise Kok has immersed herself in online learning from 2012. At Sanoma she won the Mobile Accelerator fund with an idea for corporate learning startup Ucourse.nl. In 2015, she launched a playlist tool to the market of secondary education. In 2017 she published a MOOC on one of the biggest MOOC platforms worldwide, EdX, for scientfic knowledge institute Leyden Academy on Vitality and Ageing. She is also one of the coordinators of the Leyden Academy partnership in the Education Campus of EIT Health, a European consortium of 150 universities, medtech and research institutes, providing professional and executive education.
- Sanne de Kemp, Business Director of 227 Learning, Agency for Learning Professionals, Utrecht
What talent is needed to innovate your products and services? How do I provide an agile and growth mindset within my organization? Do I upskill or reskill my employees to be future proof? Her experience with a special developed 'Learning Accelerator Programme' is an eye-opener.
Sanne has over 20 years experience in publishing, online, education and executive search. Sanne is founder and initiator of (the new label) 227 Learning, which has become marketleader in its domain. She rapidly expanded and developed new business extensions among which a new and innovative training programme for learning professionals, the 227 Learning Accelerator. She is also founder and organizer of the annual 'Dutch Learning Innovation' event, where thought leaders share their visions and experiences on innovation in learning.
11:15 - 11:45
Morning break (coffee/tea)
11:45 - 13:00
Vision 2030? Sharing a successful Future of Scientific Publishing. New Opportunities by Open Access!
- Moderator: Andrew Miller, Global Specialist: Organizational Coaching
Learning & Organizational Development, Taylor & Francis Group, an Informa business
With this panel discussion / workshop we want to discuss, explore, and co-create a detailed vision of a successful shared future. We will imagine that we are all in fact at the 2030 APE Pre-Conference, and that the Moderator has arrived from 2020 in a time machine full of questions:
- What does the world of Scientific Publishing look like in 2030?
- What are you doing? And how are you doing it? How is it different from 2020?
- Who are your customers, and what value are you providing to them?
- What are your business models and how are you thriving and sharing your success with your customers?
- What practical skills, expertise and capabilities are you drawing on?
- What are your values and how are they driving your approach and behaviours?
- What opportunities does a career in Scientific Publishing offer?
Lunch & Networking
14:00 - 15:30
Outside the Box I:
- De Gruyter
- Springer Nature
15:30 - 16:00
Afternoon break (coffee/tea)
Outside the Box II:
- Taylor & Francis
Panel: Back to 2020. Creating and Sharing Learning Facilities: towards a Scientific Publishing Academy?
Going Dutch: Getting together in a very nice place